February 7th, Saturday. We got up early as today is the equator crossing. Everyone is very excited wondering what will take place for the event. We went to breakfast and then tried to find a place to sit—no luck but the weather is gorgeous today. We went to the top deck and Goose the cruise director says we cross at 12:09 PM and everyone is very excited. The Captain came on the speakers and said he would count it down for us and they started with 10 seconds and then the latitude changed to zero and he blew the ship’s horn and everyone cheered! It was so cool. He said we were the only Carnival ship to ever cross the equator!! Then the crew made an entrance as King and Queen Neptune and held court for the “pollywogs”. It was so funny. They had people come up and accused them of pushing ahead in the buffet line, jumping ahead of old ladies on the elevator, taking ice cream from children, etc and then cracked eggs over their heads and threw them in the pool after all of us voted on their guilt or innocence. It was so cute and fun and funny. Funship Freddy was also there and I finally got my picture taken with him. Jaime was the “queen” in Neptune’s court. We had a great time and it was very, very special to be there. Debbie and I went to get some lunch and ran into Romie and he talked about the kids. I think he is upset that we are not at his table this leg but we did ask again for next time. They had Marcus Anthony singing on the deck again this afternoon and he is very good but it is too hot and crowded out there and we came back to upload photos so I could do the blog. Today is going by fast and tomorrow we are in Fortelaza, Brazil and have an early tour in the morning. Went to dinner and had the filet mignon and it was really good. Back in the room early as we have to get things ready for our tou in the morning and they have warned everyone not to take ANY jewelry or much cash with us when we leave the ship so we are getting things out for the morning and locking up everything else. We didn’t go to the comedian show tonight.
February 8, Sunday in Fortelaza, Brazil. I woke up and had to go to the bathroom and looked out. I could see the shoreline of Fortaleza and it was light outside. Debbie and I went out and took some pictures and it was only 5:45 AM and the sun was up already! We had ordered coffee and grapefruit to be delivered to the room so we could be getting ready to meet in showroom for our tour which is the Fortelaza Highlights Tour. The highlight of this tour was coming back to the ship. Fortelaza is densely populated and extremely poverty stricken. I have never seen this much graffiti on everything regardless of how high the object was including the church or religious statues. It is very hot and humid. Brazil is known for cashews which I didn’t know and when we stopped at the market area, we bought some. The people are at the beaches which are near the ship and we saw them as we came back. The water has large waves and there were surfers. The sunset at 5:30 PM and it was pitch black dark when we pulled away from the dock at 6 PM. Had dinner with the other girls and played for about 10 minutes in the casino and came back to the cabin and went to bed. Neither one of us were feeling well and I am worried we are coming down with something. The internet has been down since yesterday when we crossed the equator and they have flown someone to the ship from Miami to fix it.
February 9, Monday. It was daylight at 5:30 AM but we went back to sleep—it’s a sea day so we are going to do laundry but so is everyone else so we will wait. They have the internet working so I’m going to post while it is up and running and will catch up later today. I hope all is going well at home. I am thinking of everyone.
February 8, Sunday in Fortelaza, Brazil. I woke up and had to go to the bathroom and looked out. I could see the shoreline of Fortaleza and it was light outside. Debbie and I went out and took some pictures and it was only 5:45 AM and the sun was up already! We had ordered coffee and grapefruit to be delivered to the room so we could be getting ready to meet in showroom for our tour which is the Fortelaza Highlights Tour. The highlight of this tour was coming back to the ship. Fortelaza is densely populated and extremely poverty stricken. I have never seen this much graffiti on everything regardless of how high the object was including the church or religious statues. It is very hot and humid. Brazil is known for cashews which I didn’t know and when we stopped at the market area, we bought some. The people are at the beaches which are near the ship and we saw them as we came back. The water has large waves and there were surfers. The sunset at 5:30 PM and it was pitch black dark when we pulled away from the dock at 6 PM. Had dinner with the other girls and played for about 10 minutes in the casino and came back to the cabin and went to bed. Neither one of us were feeling well and I am worried we are coming down with something. The internet has been down since yesterday when we crossed the equator and they have flown someone to the ship from Miami to fix it.
February 9, Monday. It was daylight at 5:30 AM but we went back to sleep—it’s a sea day so we are going to do laundry but so is everyone else so we will wait. They have the internet working so I’m going to post while it is up and running and will catch up later today. I hope all is going well at home. I am thinking of everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment