Monday, February 23, 2009
February 22, Sunday. Before getting ready for dinner last night we saw sea lions swimming by the ship and got some great pictures before heading to dinner. The sunset was absolutely spectacular last night and we got great pictures of that as well. We were in bed at 8:30 PM last night and up this morning at 8:30 AM. It is very chilly outside and the captain says the further south we go, the colder it will get. We went to breakfast in the dining room this morning and saw Sonja. After giving her the pictures of the kids, she always makes a fuss. We then went to the talk on Ushuisia and Punta Arenas and then to the cooking demo in the Pinnacle again. Today they did Mushroom Soup, Broiled Chicken Supreme and Tiramisu. The chicken was just ok but the mushroom soup was really good and the tiramisu was good. We then made reservations for the Italian night which is Thursday night. We have reservations to go to the Pinnacle tonight and Debbie and I are taking Jaime on Tuesday which is seafood night so we will be going up there every other night this week. Debbie went to crochet class with Karen and I came back to the cabin to do some laundry and shower so that we wouldn’t be rushed getting ready for dinner. Tomorrow is Cape Horn rounding day and everyone will be up on deck with their hats and gloves on for the ceremony that will then make us “Hornbacks”. That is suppose to happen at 3 PM which will be 1 PM your time since we have gone back an hour. Even if it is two crowded to see us in the masses, they will count it down on the big screen I believe is what they have told us. I will give more info on that when we hear more. The internet has been down sporaticly on sea days and is currently down so I will post this as soon as we can get access. Dinner was 5 star wonderful and I am stuffed so the girls went to the comedy show and I came back to the cabin. We are in a storm which I have never experienced on a ship. Lots of lightening, thunder and rain. I have been trying to capture it with my camera but so far no luck. I am tired and will be heading to bed early but need to wait for the repairman as our safe is not working. The ship’s TV map is showing that we are directly across from the Falkland Islands on our port side. The info says that we will make our approach to Cape Horn at 2 PM tomorrow with the passing happening at 3 PM which is 1 your time. I hope the ship’s camera is working so that you can see it too. The temperature has steadily dropped all day and the naturalists said we will need to have gloves and scarves tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment